Update Jan 2013 This is now my preferred method of invoicing.
Update August 15th: How to get the free basic version of Express Invoice working ( Easy after all! ) : Download the newest version of Express Invoice ( at this time it is 3.25 ) .. and install. When the trial period is over after 14 days it will ask that you buy the software or exit the software. To continue using Express Invoice follow these steps in Windows Vista ( sorry no mac or xp instructions but they are likely similar ) :
- In your control panel open “Add and Remove Programs”
- Double click on Express Invoice
- Select the “downgrade to free basic version” and click next.
- Click next one more time.
- Express Invoice should open up in Free Basic Mode… ( minus a few pro features ).
I have been using this light and free invoicing alternative to QuickBooks. All it does is keep track of paid and unpaid invoices. It supports e-mailing the invoices as attachments provided you have your own SMTP account …free from gmail.
It’s called Express Invoice from http://www.nchsoftware.com . Windows / Mac
The program is very light on system resources and opens up lightening fast.
I was having problems getting the e-mail feature to work because I didn’t have the port appended to my SMTP mail host.
Working Example: mail.mysmtp.com:21
Not working example: mail.mysmtp.com
- Free Invoice Generator with Ez Invoice Creator (madrasgeek.com)